Friday, November 11, 2011

Art in Nature, First Friday, and So Much More

Recently I completed another First Friday video for The Center for Fine Art Photography. It's always great to be able to talk to the artists and hear their thoughts and stories about their image making. I'm glad I get to share that with everyone! The Center is also exhibiting a beautiful show by David Zimmerman called Desert. I definitely recommend checking it out. Some of the most breathtaking landscapes you will ever see! We had over 400 people come through the gallery this time! One of the biggest shows we've had since I've been here. Not bad for a little town on the edge of the frontier.
Next month plans to be even bigger with an all day event and panel discussion on Saturday, December 3, with the juror of the next show Dreams, Aline Smithson, and a workshop on the business of photography with Tom Bol. Both photographers were included by PDN in their list of top 13 photography workshop instructors. It's sure to be a day packed with valuable information! And I've assisted on one of Tom Bol's workshops before. He goes about a 100 miles an hour, so strap in and buckle up!

No comments:

Post a Comment