Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Law Office Commission

A few weeks ago I finished a commission for the law office of a friend of mine in Oregon. It was a really great experience to create a personalized group of images to celebrate the start of her new practice. It's always interesting voyaging down the creative rabbit hole. The only direction she gave me was "vintage office" and "black and white." I stumbled around for a few days shooting this and that old thing, but then I stumbled into Foothills Flea Market in Fort Collins and it became clear what to do. All these themes started to arise. Themes of education, culture, travel, time and dedication, and communication. All things that go into making a great lawyer. And knowing my friend, I knew all those themes fit her well. Then, it was a matter of finding the right lighting. I chose to keep it low-key and stark to create an austere and contemplative mood. I wanted to make something that was individual to her and something she could appreciate for a very long time. In total I printed 9 13x19inch ink jet prints on smooth pearl paper. I can't wait to see them all hung up in her office! My thanks to Foothills Flea Market for allowing me to set up a small studio area and photograph whatever I wanted! It's a great way to spend a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment