Friday, June 24, 2011

Marc Maron and Me

Last weekend I went to see Marc Maron at Comedy Works in Denver. Just a word to the wise, if you go to see stand up, sit up front (and I'm talking maybe 1 foot away), and you have, what some might deem, a larger than necessary beard, you will become part of the show. Who knew Marc Maron had so much beard material? I didn't get it as bad as some of the others sitting up front, though. In reality, I got off pretty easy and it was all really funny stuff. I believe the term "hipster" was used and there was something about getting a "sensible" hat. Fair enough, but I could never wear skinny jeans.

Actually, it was a pretty surreal experience because I listen to his podcast,WTF, a lot and on the podcast it's kind of like he's speaking directly to you, so when I was at the show and he was speaking directly to (or at) me it did nothing to help me separate what is "real" and what is "fantasy."  I think it could haunt my dreams for some time to come.

1 comment: