Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pet Portraits-Hercules and Athena

Last week I had a pet portrait session with Hercules and Athena. Hard to believe, but the garage was able to withstand its first tussle of the gods, a.k.a. huskies. (I better put that down in the insurance!) They were a bit excited at first, so we took them to the backyard to run around with Buckwheat. It succeeded in tiring them out a bit and then the rest of the shoot incorporated a lot of tongue wagging, mostly from me as I am out of shape! However, overall it was a good time for all. My thanks to Jo Carney for allowing me to photograph her beautiful dogs and thanks to Sylvia of Sylvia's Pet and House Sitting for the introduction! I'd like to extend this project and eventually turn it into a book of local (to the Fort Collins area) pets. So, if you have, or know of, a photogenic pet and/or one with a lot of character and you would like them to be part of this project please get in touch with me! Pet parents are encouraged to be photographed with their pets, too! It's not only for dogs, I want to photograph ALL types of pets. I might draw the line at a "pet rock." Actually, I DO to photograph the person with a pet rock! That would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment