Sunday, April 3, 2011

Butterfly Thunderdome-Day 4





I'll start this post off with a quote from Paul Cezanne, "A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art." It is a good reminder of what is more important than LOOKING, it's FEELING. The looking supports the feeling and then lastly the technical stuff supports the looking. Honing into the feeling of a place is not usually an easy thing to do, in this case, and perhaps many cases, it involves listening more to the birds. Today the flash made it out with me again (what has become of me?) though this time I used it more of a supporting role. I used it subtly to fill is some of the shadows and not to call attention to itself. Today I also wanted to step back and show more of the environment. Over the last few days I've been taking environmental shots, but they really weren't working. Today they felt better. More shots from the day, and all the days, can be seen here.

Day 4 stats- 132 Frames, 6-7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment