Saturday, April 9, 2011

Goletaville-Day 1





I don't think the rules for this project will be as strict as the last one. The location for this project is a bit broader so I plan on shooting 7-10 days, not necessarily sequentially, but to be done in 2 weeks time, at least for this round. I don't think I'll put any time limit on it either. Last time an hour was sometimes too long and sometimes not long enough. The one constant I will introduce to keep this an experiment is that I will only listen to music from 1993-1996 as I shoot. For me those are the high school years. Recently I watched some episodes of The State, which operated in the year 1993, and it sent me in a tailspin of nostalgia. The mid 90's were about half my life ago, so I'm curious as to the wisdom and perspective, or lack there of, that I have gained since then. Am I where I thought I would be? Am I doing what I thought I'd be doing? Am I the person I wanted to be? Would my 16 year old self like my 32 year old self?  Coincidentally, that was also the time that I set about on this crazy road of photography. Maybe I can rustle up some of my old photos from that time and post those! That probably won't be embarrassing at all!

The shots from this first day show some of the effects, or what I'm assuming are the effects, of the down economy. These are some of the shops in the neighborhood I used to work in and I would walk around during my breaks. Look, the nostalgia is taking affect already! What I like about these images is that the reflections in the glass created a multiple exposure effect. I finally got my in-camera digital multiple exposures! I didn't only shoot in this area, though. More shots from the day can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment