Saturday, April 9, 2011

Next Project-Goletaville






As The Tick once stated, "This is the city. It's my The City." For some time now I've been wanting to do a project on Goleta, the city I live in which grows along the north side of Santa Barbara. So, on the way home on the last day of the Preserve project I started informally on this new project. These are some photos of the overpass at the end of my street. I live in the hi-way armpit of where the 217 juts out from the 101. I can hear the cars rushing by now. Oh that sweet sweet symphony! Like a thousand mechanical angels tempting me to come ashore of that cyclopean Norse island Valhalla! Hold on, I think I'm getting my mythologies mixed up. No mind! Immediately this was a completely different subject. Not only were the lines and shapes now angular and not amorphous and organic, but gone, too, were the serene, quiet, and SAFE confines of the preserve. I could feel the rush of air from the cars whizzing by and the noise of the traffic reverberating against the concrete walls of the overpass. These ain't no butterflies. And here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment